But did you know that it’s also futile to brood constantly about the future?
Anything other than ‘in the moment’, ‘in the NOW’, is unproductive.
“With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 – 1882, American lecturer and poet. Champion of individualism.)
To help you get what you want, this is Part 4 of a 4-Part series – Why Being in the Moment Gets You What You Want
6 Reasons Why Living in the Future Can’t Get You What You Want
- You can only be effective in creating and influencing your future while being in the moment. If you’re living in your future, life is as unfulfilling as if you were in the past. If your mind is in the future you’re wishing and hoping for something from today, but you aren’t consciously and intentionally creating it now. To create what you want you must be in the moment, in the ‘now’.
- You’re missing the fun of today. If you’re constantly planning ahead, you’re missing out on the happiness you could be having today.
- If you put off doing what you want for the future, that is where it will stay. Get creative today about doing what you want today – every day. Then you’ll have your future happening today.
- If you’ll only be happy in the future, then happiness stays in the future i.e. if you’ll only be happy once you have your new home, a holiday, a car, clothes etc, then your happiness won’t ever be right now. It’s not good enough to be momentarily happy on big occasions. Take steps to make every day special – it’s yours if you want it. For more ideas on how to do that read Discover the First Key Element to Getting What You Want.
- You create anxiety by living in the future. Obsessing about the future can create fear about what might happen. Anxiety prevents you from moving into the most ideal and satisfying day because you get what you think i.e. more anxiety.
- You’ll hamper your goal by living in the future. Once you have contemplated and imagined your ideal outcome for your goal, get out-of-the-way. Stay focused but don’t obsess. Obsessing and manipulating the outcome blocks the ideal circumstance from unfolding. Obsessing gets in the way of getting what you want. Let it go and allow it to unfold in a splendid way, uniquely for you.
“Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans”.
Awareness of your thoughts is vital. Stop wishing for happiness in the future. Do something about it. Take control to get what you want now. Janet’s book “How to Get Anything You Want – Just Like That!” is an easy recipe for how to get what you want.
Dare to put yourself first in your life, and find out why you should. Check out Janet’s book online “How to Get Anything You Want – Just Like That! “. The book breaks with the traditions of today and reveals the hidden truth of ancient wisdom. It exposes several hidden, entrenched social rules which limit our lives and it liberates you from these restrictive beliefs. The book provides an in-depth, practical approach to aligning your thoughts with what you truly want. The book also makes a great gift.
This is Janet Poole; I believe there are better ways to delight your customers and inspire your staff.
Better Ways. More Freedom.