How Forgiveness Gets You What You Want
Your Unresolved Disputes Create Obstacles
Do you have anyone in your life that you need to forgive? Until you do, you are harming your health and putting your life on hold.
Even if you believe you have largely forgotten the incident or the person, a part of your brain remains focused on the bitterness and injustice. Bitterness and injustice don’t get you what you want.
But there’s good news:
– Firstly, you don’t need to speak to the other person about this issue.
– Secondly, you’re going to learn to use disputes as an asset.
- How you create these incidents in your life.
- The truth behind blame.
- How unhelpful programs in your brain block the flow of your life.
- Why taking responsibility for your disputes gives you so much power.
- How to use the dispute as an asset to learn about you.
- How to use all this to get what you want in your life.
Why the Dispute is Your Responsibility
Things don t just happen to you. It’s quite simple, really. You create everything that happens to you. You’ve created your health, relationships, career, wealth/poverty etc. Everything.
This claim is grounded in science. Quantum theory has proved that what you think creates what you have in your life… including your disputes. But while you are responsible for your disputes, no-one is to blame, not even you.
Why Blame Doesn’t Help You
Blame feels deliciously sweet, but it is a delusion and destructive for you. It is an emotional addiction similar to smoking, alcohol or drugs.
How Your Attitudes and Beliefs Block What You Want
Unbeknownst to us, behind most of our thoughts we have rigid and limiting attitudes, beliefs and habits. They hinder us; we unconsciously think according to these programs and act impulsively according to these unhelpful filters. To free your thinking, you need to become aware of them.
How a Dispute Can Help You Get What You Want
Your interactions (or disputes) with others help highlight your limiting attitudes and beliefs. You get to understand what you are thinking. You may see others as insensitive, but they are only a ‘mirror’ for you to see yourself. For example, if you reject yourself, guess what? You’re going to attract people who do that to you.
Simply put, your thoughts are creating your life. So change your thoughts to get what you want.
Do You Want Other People to Control You?
By not taking responsibility for the dispute, you are effectively handing that person your power, because they now decide how you feel; whether you are happy or sad.
6 Ways to Use a Dispute to Get What You Want
1. Create the intention to learn about yourself from the incident. Decide that although it may be hard to be honest with yourself, you’ll do it anyway.
2. Take a stance of ‘no blame’.
3. Create and contemplate questions, such as
’What message am I getting from this person?’
‘What are my attitudes and beliefs that created this situation?’
4. Look for aspects of yourself where you feel inadequate i.e. deprived, inferior, bitter, guilty, anxious, self-pitying, jealous etc.
5. Acknowledge it once you’ve seen it in yourself. In doing so you release it and this brings peace and freedom to you. It really is that easy.
6. Design some powerful thoughts that you’d like to have to develop yourself further. Go for anything you want such as happiness, confidence or a relationship, a material item etc. E.g. ‘I feel safe, confident and secure in myself’, ‘I have fulfilling, loving relationships’. Place these on cards around your home and workplace, and say them out loud when you see them. As you see these thoughts in your mind, you are creating them in reality.
Because forgiveness happens within you and by removing blame you help yourself, there is no need to say anything to the other person. Acknowledge to yourself that you are at peace with this person and that you consciously release the altercation from your life.
Do you know anyone who would like to get anything they want? Visit www.janetpoole.com for a look at the book ‘Just Like That! ’ How to Get Anything You Want. You are entitled to get what you want and be happy. Find out how and why. The book uses the forgotten truth of ancient wisdom to lift you out of restrictive current beliefs and provide an in-depth step-by-step approach to aligning your thoughts with what you want. It also offers exercises that help integrate the knowledge into your life.