But did you know that it’s also futile to brood constantly about the future?
Anything other than ‘in the moment’, ‘in the NOW’, is unproductive.
“With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 – 1882, American lecturer and poet. Champion of individualism.)
To help you get what you want, this is Part 4 of a 4-Part series – Why Being in the Moment Gets You What You Want
6 Reasons Why Living in the Future Can’t Get You What You Want
- You can only be effective in creating and influencing your future while being in the moment. If you’re living in your future, life is as unfulfilling as if you were in the past. If your mind is in the future you’re wishing and hoping for something from today, but you aren’t consciously and intentionally creating it now. To create what you want you must be in the moment, in the ‘now’.
- You’re missing the fun of today. If you’re constantly planning ahead, you’re missing out on the happiness you could be having today.
- If you put off doing what you want for the future, that is where it will stay. Get creative today about doing what you want today – every day. Then you’ll have your future happening today.
- If you’ll only be happy in the future, then happiness stays in the future i.e. if you’ll only be happy once you have your new home, a holiday, a car, clothes etc, then your happiness won’t ever be right now. It’s not good enough to be momentarily happy on big occasions. Take steps to make every day special – it’s yours if you want it. For more ideas on how to do that read Discover the First Key Element to Getting What You Want.
- You create anxiety by living in the future. Obsessing about the future can create fear about what might happen. Anxiety prevents you from moving into the most ideal and satisfying day because you get what you think i.e. more anxiety. Continue reading “The 6 Hazards of Waiting for a Different Future”