Your confidence will soar as you start to see you CAN have what you want.
You can do it.
Today… 2 more reasons you’re not achieving your goal.
Reading That Liberating Book Only Once
“Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.”
~~ Earl Nightingale
Remember, it’s highly probable you have entrenched HABITS (programming) to follow orders, put everyone else first and put your dream last !
And therefore, your subconscious programming will be keeping your life PREDICTABLE and safe.
It’s up to you to break out and exercise your free will.
But first, so we’re clear — what’s the definition of a HABIT?
A habit is something you do BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK about it. Scary or superb?
Which means, unless your current habits and beliefs endorse getting what you want … FORGET IT.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Read personal development books & listen to CDs several times (repetition)
If you’re wanting to leave behind mediocrity and DO what you love — you’ll need to read the information over and over (and over) if you want to start living it.
The idea you’re drawn to is seeking expression — in you.
What you read is not a coincidence, but reading it once is not enough.
“Constant repetition carries conviction.”
~~ Robert Collier (1885-1950)
2. Take notes as you read (more repetition)
When you note new ideas you get more repetition. You’ll embrace the ideas and start living them.
Do this simple technique I’ve done for years:
- Fold a clean sheet of paper in half and place it in the book
- Have a pen or pencil handy
- Write out those tempting ideas and note the page number
- Store it in the book
You’ll form a quick reference to all that inspiration and I often refer to my genius notes. Take more notes when you re-read the book.
3. Create affirmations from these new ideas, and say them slowly every morning and before sleep.
Do this for 30 days straight — at least.
Allow the words of the affirmation to fill you with excitement — if they don’t, create new ones. They must inspire you.
How does repetition work?
Repetition replaces those old limiting habits and beliefs in your subconscious mind e.g. the ones that say, “you can’t.”
Tried “positive thinking” and find it doesn’t work? It’s because the beliefs and habits in your subconscious mind are too strong — they dominate.
Deep down most people have programming that blocks them from breaking free — often because of what others may say or that they may fail.
Do you hold back, conform and stay safe?
The secret is the more often you see a tempting, liberating idea, the more likely you’ll get the courage to apply it.
“Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex.”
~~ Norman Vincent Peale (1898 – 1993)
Repetition drives you to action.
With repetition you more fully grasp concepts such as the power of YOUR thought and you CAN have what you want, which sparks your imagination. You get excited as you start seeing this is possible.
It does work…
When readers write to me overjoyed about living life on their own terms and their out-of-the-blue magic, I always ask how many times they’ve read my book.
Their answer is almost always that they’ve read it twice, three times and are continuing to do so.
Repetition will reprogram your subconscious mind with glorious possibilities.
How Strong is Your Opinion of Yourself?
Your life is a reflection of your self image
I invite you to take a look around.
What do you see? It’s interesting when you know your life is a reflection of what you think of yourself.
“A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life.”
~~Dr. Joyce Brothers (Psychologist & television personality b. 1927)
What we see can ALWAYS be improved.
You’re always evolving.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Decide to develop a strong personal self image.
Stop playing small… and SHINE !
Even a small improvement gives you BIG results.
How can an “unworthy person” live a fabulous life?
That’s a tough one.
If you think you’re unworthy, you’ll battle to create something fabulous.
You’ll have very firm limited boundaries of what you’re “allowed” to have.
Remember this goes back to survival in the tribe, but you no longer have to play that game. Choose to free yourself.
(You can have it ALL !!!)
Whatever is within – i.e. your thoughts – is reflected back to you on the outside – i.e. your results.
What are the results for an unworthy person…
Your outside world is your mirror.
Therefore if you think…
- you’ve got to tow the line, you do.
- life is hard, it is.
- you’re unlucky, you are.
- people dislike you, they do.
On the other hand a deserving person…
If you think…
- you’re a go-getter, you are
- you’re free to be who you are, that’s true
- you’re a confident person, an asset, smart, intelligent, you are
- people want to work with you, they do.
- you can have anything you want, THEN YOU CAN!
All very well, but how do I STRENGTHEN my self image?
1. By DECIDING to – yes, everything starts with a DECISION.
2. Study personal development books. The more you know about yourself and what’s possible, the better your self image and the more confident you’ll be.
3. Study people you admire or even a character in a movie. Study them as if you were a scientist. What is it about them you admire?
4. Describe yourself with the qualities of the person you admire. Describe yourself — in writing — as if you already have these qualities.
5. List a few things you’d DO differently in your life to reflect these qualities (yes, you do need to take action)
6. Create an affirmation of how you’d like to be e.g.
“I am a strong, decisive person and an asset to myself and others”
“I carry myself with power and presence”
“I speak my truth, I trust myself and I am fearless”.
Say these to yourself repeatedly even if at first they seem strange. With repetition they will naturally become who you are.
If you admire something in someone then that’s you wanting to express that part of you. Right now you’re suppressing it – to fit in, be accepted, liked.
We’re not making you into someone else – you’re starting to express YOU more completely.
Read this inspiring quote from Dawn French:
“My theory was that if I behaved like a confident, cheerful person, eventually I would buy it myself, and become that. I always had traces of strength somewhere inside me, it wasn’t fake, it was just a way of summoning my courage to the fore and not letting any creeping self-doubt hinder my adventures.
This method worked then, and it works now. I tell myself that I am the sort of person who can open a one-woman play in the West End, so I do. I am the sort of person who has several companies, so I do. I am the sort of person WHO WRITES A BOOK! So I do.
It’s the process of having faith in the self you don’t quite know you are yet, if you see what I mean.
Believing that you will find the strength, the means somehow, and trusting in that, although your legs are like jelly. You can still walk on them and you will find the bones as you walk. Yes, that’s it. The further I walk, the stronger I become. So unlike the real lived life, where the further you walk, the more your hips hurt.”
~~ Dawn French
Keep improving your self image, ponder who you admire and who you really are.
Do whatever it takes to live those qualities today !
Reasons #1, #2 & #5 You’re Not Achieving Your Goal
Here’s support for you today if you’d like to CHOOSE THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE
1. A strong self image is what you need to create the results you want and it’s one of the critical lessons in the Thinking into Results program. Create the self image you want with Thinking into Results.
2. The book How to Get Anything You Want – Just Like That! helps you build your self image because it gives you permission to be whoever you want to be. Order from Amazon
This is Janet Poole; I believe in finding better ways to live your life and grow your business.
I believe in sharing those ideas!
Better Ways. More Freedom.